We love hearing great feedback from our charity partners, such as this one from Foodbank NSW & ACT who received loads of responses from teens eager to give up their time and make a difference during the holidays.
Vienna and Lyenna signed up for a whole week, helping the Foodbank team to meet their clients’ needs by working hard in the warehouse to help FoodBank in their fight against hunger. Thanks for being part of the Next Generation of Generosity!
Foodbank Volunteer Coordinator, Luke Chesworth, sent us an email expressing his gratitude to Kids Giving Back and sharing the remarkable outcomes that came out of one day of volunteering:
“Thanks again for helping to promote volunteering at Foodbank NSW & ACT . As this was the first holiday season we have promoted through Kids Giving Back, I am very pleased with the result:
· Because of Kids Giving Back, Foodbank NSW & ACT received enquiries from 16 young people, 9 of whom went ahead and volunteered with us.
· Young people who joined us worked with other volunteers to pack fruit and veggies, sort donations, and pack orders to be sent to charities across NSW & ACT.
· Young people responding to the Kids Giving Back posts contributed a total of 20 volunteer days in our distribution centre, or 110 hours total over December and January.
· We estimate that each day a young person volunteers in our distribution centre helps us to distribute more than a ton of food, so this equates to 20 tons of food distributed to charities!
· Our partner charities will use this food to provide roughly 36,000 meals to people who would otherwise go hungry.
I have had great feedback from our management and our warehouse team about the young people that have joined through this partnership, and we look forward to working with Kids Giving Back again in the future.”
Thank you Luke for offering our young people the opportunity to volunteer with Food Bank!